Is it possible to get $150,000 check for a book that has yet to be written? Absolutely. I know this because that's exactly what I experienced thanks to my friend, and this week's guest, Jeff Goins.
Jeff and I discuss the process of going from idea to proposal, to a publishing deal.
NOTE: For a more in-depth discussion, check out our other conversation HERE.
- [00:00] Intro: How it all started
- [01:09] Coming up…
- [01:53] How to get 150k for a proposal
- [03:54] Jeff's “reinvention”
- [05:55] “Every good marketer struggles with honesty.”
- [11:00] Removing the masks
- [15:49] The characters we play
- [18:30] What is a bestseller?
- [20:10] Does “bestseller” still matter?
- [25:46] After the splash…
- [30:07] What the current system rewards
- [33:27] How to you get Both? The big splash and longevity…
- [38:38] What it takes to sell
- [39:55] A note to the listener
- [40:27] What's next for Jeff?
ProsperousWriter.com – Walk through the exact process Jeff used to get this deal done
FreshComplaint.com – Jeff's boutique agency that turns big ideas into bestsellers
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.