Let's start this week's encouraging podcast with some discouraging facts from our friends at the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- 22% of business startups fail in the first year
- 50% of new businesses fail within the first five years
- 97% of online businesses fail within the first five years
Did you catch that last one? Ouch!
I've been doing business online for nearly two decades. Is it just luck that I've beaten the nearly insurmountable odds? I don't think so.
This week, I want to share 7 Power Beliefs for business owners that I believe are your ticket to the 3% club of successful, sustainable businesses.
- [00:00] Intro
- [03:57] There is a payback for doubling down on small habits that change your future
- [05:23] Scale your business by doing the unscalable (while you can)
- [06:56] It is important to invest in assets, attention, and people
- [09:58] There is less competition and more opportunity than ever before
- [12:41] There is free land right now and you should grab as much of it as you can
- [15:15] If you're creating and building during a recession, you're 2-5 years ahead of everybody else
- [15:42] Start now, with whatever you have
Certified Direct Response Copywriter – Learn how and why to become a CDRC, AND Join me and my crew of Certified Writers in a sea of your perfect clients next month at Funnel Hacking Live.
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Connect with Ray on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.