If you want to be a leader, you need to develop a reading habit.
“Leaders are readers,” says Jeff Brown, my guest on today’s podcast.
Jeff is the host of The Read To Lead Podcast, and the author of a new book called, not surprisingly, Read To Lead.
In Jeff’s book, you will learn
- Why you need to read like your career depends on it.
- The eight research-backed reasons reading will help you build your career.
- How to absorb a book into your bloodstream.
- Tips on creating a lifetime reading habit.
In our conversation, Jeff and I dig deep into:
- Why books still matter, and why you should develop an intentional reading habit.
- Why you should read physical books and not only audio or summaries.
- Why you should read books with views that oppose your own.
- Why reading contributes to higher income and more success.
- How to remember what you read.
- The startling simple math formula that will help you decide what to read next.
- How reading makes life more fulfilling,
- How you can find time to read – even if your life is “crazy busy”.
- How to read faster – almost instantly. (You can read a 200-page book in 2 hours).
- Do audiobooks “count” as reading?
- The “secret” service both Jeff and I use to organize and export our notes from Kindle.
- What we’re both reading now, and why.
Links From This Episode
Jeff's Podcast https://readtoleadpodcast.com/
Jeff's Book https://readtoleadbook.com/