We’ve just come off two years where we crossed the one million mark in revenue. We’re working on year number three and it looks like a pretty sure bet we’re going to do it again.
I’ve had a lot of questions and we’ve hosted a couple of workshops where we actually show people how we’ve done it.
Today we pull back the curtain and share a behind-the-business discussion to reveal the secrets to:
- How we got to our first million-dollar year.
- How we could have done it sooner.
- Things we would do differently.
Tip of the Week
3 ways to grow your list faster.
- Create a lead magnet that no one else is offering. Go and find three successful people in your arena, download and study their lead magnets. Make yours better by asking questions like:
- What did they leave out?
- What did they include that is unnecessary?
- How can you improve the formatting?
- Have a contest. The interest and commitment level is going to be lower than your normal opt-in, but remember they are on your site to begin with, because they’re interested in your topic.
- Do some list swapping. No, not a product launch where you get your JV partners to mail for you and you pay them. I’m simply suggesting, “If you promote my newsletter to your readers, I’ll promote yours to my readers.” You both gain.
Scripture without commentary, Psalm 1:1 “Blessed is the man who walks not in the council of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth fruit in it’s season. Whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatever he does shall prosper.”
Feature Presentation “How We Had Our First Million Dollar Year”
- When you find a sense of urgency you can increase your level of seriousness by a factor of 100 — How to stop screwing around and start acting like you don’t have all the time in the world so you propel your business toward your first million-dollar year. [7:34]
- Why embracing the Roger Bannister principle breaks barriers, rewrites history, and gets you to your goals faster than you ever imagined possible. [8:18]
- If you think it’s harder to become a millionaire or a billionaire than ever before, then you are sadly mistaken — Examine the big bucket of sloppy lies behind excuses like: “It’s a bad economy. Nobody gets ahead. Nobody will give you a chance. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.” [9:54]
- Why my vow after leaving corporate America held me back for years — How investing heavily in a team empowers you to reach your goals. [10:51]
- The power of a JV launch — Examine how to generate considerable income and grow your list quickly by joining forces in a JV launch. [12:10]
- If you have a singular focus on the million-dollar mark you’re likely to hit that number. [12:56]
- How skill, talent, and reading the marketplace correctly are essential in helping you hit your goals. [13:16]
- Why pricing correctly, knowing what your customer wants and needs and getting your copy correct creates a huge competitive advantage. [13:23]
- Why embracing the Covey concept is essential to growth — How to overcome the dull-axe dilemma. [13:32]
- What I’d do differently — How to increase margins so you keep more of the money. [14:10]
- What I learned about watching expenses, creating accountability, and not building a business based solely on the one pillar income of a JV Launch. [14:48]
- How JV launches help you escape velocity and break free from earth’s gravity of needing more money and more customers. [15:50]
- It’s common knowledge but uncommon practice — Why establishing multiple streams of revenue is wise and shooting the Saturn V rocket over and over is massively inefficient. [16:00]
- Out of the spirit of play comes creativity, and out of creativity comes creation…money, money, money — What if working less and playing more actually fosters business growth. [17:51]
- Consider the influence of “intentional distractions.” — Imagine the impact on your business and your life if you could spend a month in another culture, meeting people with other beliefs, and different approaches to life and business. [18:36]
- Examine what essentialism means in your business — How new ideas, new directions, new things to do may be keeping you distracted from what’s essential in your business. [19:16]
Have you hit the million dollar mark in your business?
What lessons have you learned?
Share your answers on social media or in the comment section of our blog.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.