Leslie was a high school science and math teacher. He has a master's degree in neurobiology. But now he’s a big-time blogger, speaker, and influencer. I’ve been in a mastermind with Leslie for several years, and I have nothing but the highest respect for him.
In fact, I’ve hired Leslie to be the emcee at my upcoming live event, The Copywriting Academy Live. I didn’t hire him because he’s my friend. I hired him because I saw him emcee at another event and I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY!
This guy has talent! It’s something he carries into a room that electrifies the crowd, and I believe he’s on his way to being a superstar, a worldwide influencer of a global movement!
This episode is brought to you by The Copywriting Academy Live event coming up July 26th to 28th in Franklin, Tennessee.
Tune in to the show to discover…
- ([5:00]) How Leslie used his blog to become a doctoral professor of physical therapy even though he doesn’t have a doctorate. He used his passion and the power of his online presence to convince a stodgy university board to ignore their red tape and hire him even though he did not have the appropriate degree for the job.
- ([9:05]) Why Leslie believes and can prove that blogging is NOT dead. He admits that it has changed a lot, but it’s not only NOT dead, but it’s still a fantastic time to start and benefit from a blog of your own… if you do it right.
- ([11:55]) How to find your own voice as a blogger and content creator. It isn’t thrilling, but it packs a punch you can only achieve with patience.
- ([16:50]) Why it doesn’t matter what you're passionate about, you can turn that passion into a successful business online. To get started, all you have to do is take out that thing in your pocket and start publishing.
- ([23:35]) How Leslie made me feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof when he announced me as a speaker at a recent live event. He has a unique idea about what an event is and how to orchestrate it in just the right way to turn it into an experience that is second to none.
Links mentioned on today’s show:
- Tune into Leslie’s podcast. Search for “Blogging With Leslie” in your podcast app.
- You can find out more about Leslie on his website, BecomeABlogger.com.
- The Copywriting Academy Live, July 26th through 28th in Franklin, TN, RayEdwards.com/tcalive.
I’d love to hear from you. Tell me your biggest takeaway from today’s show on Twitter @rayedwards, on Instagram @rayedwards, and on Facebook too.
Today’s show was produced by Kris Edwards with show notes and worksheets by Doug Pew and Juan Lopez.
Until we meet again may you prosper in all things: health, wealth, and wisdom. Now go live your most prosperous life.
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.