This week's entire episode is devoted to an incredible tool for copywriters (although, I'm quite certain it was not built exclusively for us) – Notion.
Notion is one of those things I was “sort of” familiar with… I knew it was some sort of workspace management system, but I had no idea how much it could be tailored to copywriting and content creation until I got a look at how Cliff Ravenscraft was using it.
I'm not easily impressed these days, and I certainly don't feel the need to learn a new app just because it's popular. This app, however, is worth some effort. I invited Cliff to share with us how he's using Notion to quickly create and manage incredible content that serves his listeners and clients.
- [00:00] Intro
- [01:17] A thousand hours so far
- [01:52] Not bad for an amateur
- [04:03] The value of journaling (they're not for posterity)
- [05:11] Don't trust your biological brain
- [06:41] How do you use Notion?
- [10:14] This sounds like a lot of work
- [11:33] Where do I tap?
- [12:11] How did you go from a Google Doc to Notion?
- [17:31] Let's see it work
- [22:32] Notion as a CRM
- [24:50] Ultimate email follow up
- [29:11] Copywriters: Pay attention
- [30:10] Client homework
- [33:35] Imagine the level of service you can provide
- [34:16] The learning curve…
- [36:40] Notion for speakers
- [39:46] Applying knowledge (not just collecting it)
- [41:03] A final demo (keeping things private)
- [42:37] You are a media empire
- [43:25] Okay, one final show off
https://www.cliffravenscraft.com/ – Visit Cliff's site
https://www.cliffravenscraft.com/podcast – Cliff's podcasts
https://notion.so – Here's where to get started with Notion
https://tinywow.com/ – Convert PDF's to JPG's (and much more)
https://otter.ai – Transcription service
How You Can Help
Subscribe to the show in iTunes and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will definitely mention you on this show. We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Visit Ray's community on Facebook – This is a friendly group of writers, entrepreneurs, and coaches who share ideas and helpful advice.
Get The Transcript